• For the subject matter list of FOIL records, please click here
• For the last lottery notice, please click here
• For the New York State Report Card, please click here
• For the Child Abuse Hotline please click here
• For the 2022-23 school year HLA2 District-Wide Safety Plan click here
• For the HLA2 ARP ESSER Grant Application click here
Title I Program
Separation of Church and State
HLA is a public school and public schools are prohibited from encouraging religious devotion or instructing students in any religion, although teaching about religion from a purely secular, academic viewpoint is permitted. Each HLA employee will participate in professional development to ensure that proper guidelines are followed at all times with no exception. If a staff member willingly and knowingly teaches about religion in an improper way as a public school employee of HLA, such employee is subject to discipline, up to and including termination of employment. Staff members are also not permitted to supervise or otherwise participate in non-instructional religious clubs or activities taking place on campus, except in a purely custodial capacity. The staff will, however, accommodate any student’s personal religious observance, as any public school must do under the First Amendment.
For more information about HLA’s policies and procedures, please contact our school offices directly.
Hebrew Language Academy Charter School 2
1870 Stillwell Avenue
Brooklyn NY 11223
Hebrew Public is a growing national network of dual-language charter schools that serves as the School’s Charter Management Organization (CMO), and is responsible for all aspects of the school’s work. Find out more.